Friday, August 28, 2015

Ireland Inspired Pieces

So I’m back in the states after a wonderful trip to Scotland and Ireland. I spent a lot of time viewing the local landscape, flora, architecture and rock through a camera  lens.  I love being digital- I am not a good photographer, so I take lots and weed through and delete later.  Now home, I took several hours pouring through my 4 million photos, and was dying to use them. So of course, with a show in three weeks, I'm going to try something completely new. That’ll keep things exciting:)  I narrowed it down to a couple photos, had them printed, glued them onto a panel, wrapped the imagery around the edge, and now going to apply wax layers with more texture and Imagery.  There are many more to come, but I started with this bridge on the Dingle peninsula which we crossed at the beginning of a long and winding walk about on a misty afternoon.  


I obscured the water a bit, then pumped up the moss with some green texture. 



 I transferred on a topographical map of the peninsula on the lower left side, and wrapped it around the edge.  added more texture and  stained some of the relief areas.


-and I MAY be done…. 



gonna let it sit for a couple days and see if I still agree…

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Dingle is a beautiful place Cheryl and the west of Ireland in particular with all it's flora and fauna and old stone walls! I live up the other end of the country on the north east coast beside the sea. Kerry is so beautiful and especially Dingle! Hope you got to see "Fungie" the dolphin! :-D Looking forward to seeing more of your work on your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eileen! Ireland IS a beautiful place- you are quite lucky to live there! I couldn't help but feel inspired by the perfect growing conditions for so many types of plants! and the rock....gorgeous! My husband was quite patient with me stopping and photographing rock walls, ferns, and moss very 25 feet :)
    Will have to do the north next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS- and yes, we did get to see Fungie, Dingle's resident dolphin!

    ReplyDelete