Tuesday, February 24, 2015

6x6 series- #2

So one of the materials I've had success with before and wanted to revisit were my pan pastels.  Absolutely LOVE the smooth blending you can get, and they adhere to the encaustic surface beautifully. I found that it does need to be fused and another layer added to protect it-but I  still love the material and how it reacts to the wax!  
I am liking where this is going, but wondering if its done or not.  My instincts are making me hesitate, recognizing that feeling that I may be going too far if I continue... So here is where it will stop for now, while my subconscious works on it when I’m doing other things.  But I’m putting it out there showing  how it evolved, step by step…for now! 


Started with loose ochre pastel layer...

...then added some heat and watched it move the pigments around! 


added a second color, and accidentally scraped some off- but loved the marks it left- so leaving that...



now for some fun with graphite!  fingers, end of brush, pattern making tool and stamps all leave wonderful but very delicate and tenuous marks on the surface,,,



some scraping back...


another detail...


....and here's where I stop.  Loving what is there- but wondering.... one more layer?? 



No comments:

Post a Comment