So while I am waiting for the custom panel to be built, I have plenty to do. I spent an afternoon going thru my inks, paint, and pigments to see if I needed any more- and despite having millions of colors- of course, I did not have exactly what I needed! So I ordered those.
Then- mixing and matching. Spent a bit of time trying to match the wall paint exactly not only because it was important to Shirley, but also because I want to be able to mix it into other colors on the piece, and use tints and shades of it.
Also played around with other color combinations until they felt right. I always try to mix plenty so I don't have to repeat this process in the middle of the painting! I also painted a large piece of paper their wall color to hang the piece on to get a sense of how it will look on their wall.
I looked thru my collections, and am very happy that I spent so much time pressing leaves and grasses last year. I’d be stuck until late summer waiting for the grasses to mature if I didn't have any grasses left! But I have enough to work with, and also found some leaves that I think would pick up their accent color perfectly.
Now- if that panel would only hurry up!