Friday, February 21, 2014

Great Paint and Mixed Media Resource


Acrylic Inks and Pigment on acetate 

I just received my digital edition of Golden Paint's "Just paint."  If you are not familiar with Golden paint and you are an artist- you should be! They are an awesome company that not only makes quality art products- but has excellent customer service as well.  They are always coming up with something new, and after reading this issue's article about using Golden High Flow Acrylics in refillable markers, daubers, or mops- I am gonna need to get me some!! You can create your own dauber or mop and fill it with the high flow acrylic, thin it for more transparency, and use it to write, splatter or spray on.  Or put it in a refillable marker and write tiny little text….Being a mixed media gal- I love the versatility of it! and of course, coming from Golden- its thoroughly tested and archival.  I just wish they would've given specific brands of the ones they tested out..
check out the latest "Just Paint"  issue here:

http://www.justpaint.org/issues/jp30.pdf

The best thing about Golden Paint is their technical support line.  I haven't been able to stump them yet, and I combine some strange materials... Not everyone can tell you what is the best way to seal and coat prairie grasses!  And when they couldn't answer sculpture questions- they referred me to the Compleat Sculptor in NYC (http://www.sculpt.com) who were able to figure out my dilemma. So they were truly trying to give me technical support- not just sell more of their product.

So add this to your resources.  They are programmed into my phone!
U.S. & Canada / 888-397-2468
Mon -Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm est 


(and no, I don't work for Golden- I am just a fan!)

No comments:

Post a Comment